Image Map

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Beauty Army Box

On one of my days off a few weeks ago I had read an article regarding what seems to be the new phenomenon, monthly box subscriptions. When I first started to do further research into I didn’t realize they pretty much have box subscriptions for whatever interests you, literally whatever interests use. Some samples of the different categories I found are adult boxes, small business boxes, baby/mom boxes, beauty boxes, craft/hobby boxes, tea/coffee/cocoa/cocktail boxes, fashion boxes, fitness boxes, green living boxes, jewelry boxes, kid boxes, lifestyle boxes, pet boxes, and many more.

I used this bloggers list to narrow down some of my favorites, Ramblings of a Suburban Mom.


I subscribed to two boxes and am currently waitlisted on a third. The first box I received in the mail was from Beauty Army






How It Works

Start by clicking on this LINK

You will be prompted to complete a short beauty profile that asks you things like what type of skin do you have, what types of products do you use the most, and what types of products are you looking to try. Once you complete that Beauty Army shows you 9 personalized products that they believe you will love based on your answers. 

Each month you are able to choose 6 out of the 9 products provided that you would like to try that month. If you don’t like the selection of products they gave you to choose from you can always retake the profile quiz to see another selection of products. 

It’s just $12.00 a month to receive 6 beauty products each month from Beauty Army. If you wish to skip a month or cancel for any reason it’s easy to do and no questions are asked. 

Each month your Beauty Army box comes in this beautiful packaging with the actual products coming in a white box that’s easy to reuse for anything or to recycle.




The products come nicely wrapped in tissue paper.

                                      

Here’s a look of the 6 products I received this month:

Remington’s Anywear Hair Elastics
I wore one in my hair to work on Saturday and received several compliments on the look of the elastic. My one supervisor actually thought I had wrapped something around a normal ponytail holder. Whenever my hair is driving me crazy or I don’t know what to do with it I always just throw it up into a ponytail. These were tight enough to keep my hair in place without causing that annoying ‘indentation’ every girl hates getting after using your typical hair tie. I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone looking to change up their ponytail look or looking for something that’s not so harsh on your.

Adonia Bronzing Organic Self Tanner
Being a red head (strawberry blonde if you really want to get specific) with most of my family coming from Western Europe I’m sure you can just imagine how pale my skin can be. I could probably give the Cullen family a run for their money. In the past I had tried those drugstore self-tanners in hopes of getting a healthy glow without hitting the tanning bed. Like most people my attempt at ‘healthy’ tanning did not exactly turn out well; I ended up looking more like an umpa lumpa. Not Cute. I have yet to try this product but am looking forward to it. Stay tuned for further reviews on this.

English Laundry No. 7 Fragrance
October’s box came with a sample sample of this fragrance. I tend to get bored of my perfumes easily but don’t like to spend obnoxious amounts of money on perfume. I love collecting samples and being able to switch up perfumes daily. I wore this perfume to work on Friday as well and received a lot of compliments on it. I’m horrible on describing scents so I’m just going to leave it at that it smells wonderful and is a nice fresh scent that’s not over powering.

Every Beauty, Argan Cleansing & Makeup Remover Pads
This was the product I was most anxious/excited to try and it definitely didn’t disappoint. At first I was skeptical as the directions are to add just a few drops of water to the pad and that no rinsing was needed. I used both sides of the pad to clean my face as described and when I woke the next morning my face felt amazing. My skin was silky smooth and wasn’t dried out like some products leave my face. It’s a nice light makeup remover and doesn’t leave an residue behind like some produces. I highly recommend this. And the good part is the full size product (50 pads) is only $6.99 :)

BEFINE Pore Refining Scrub
I haven’t tried this yet but I’m really excited to. I’ve been looking for good ‘all-natural’ exfoliant and am hoping this works. I’m just a little leery on the price of the full-size product, $24.00 for 3 oz.

Brazen Cosmetics, Organic Mineral Eyeshade - ‘Unapologetic
I have not tried this yet either, but who doesn’t love free eyeshadow? It’s a nice midnight blue kind of shade. 


For $12.00 you can’t beat the quality of the products and some people might be disappointed it’s all sample sizes, but really? What were you expecting for $12.00?

Again you all can subscribe for your own boxes by going here: Beauty Army
Also check out their Facebook page, here. There share great beauty tips and pictures for inspiration :)

Look out for my next post about the second box I received, this from Julep! You can get to their site by clicking on the “I’m Classic with a Twist” picture.

Hope you all had a wonderful Sunday and I hope you kick those Monday Blues tomorrow!!

Stephanie




No comments:

Post a Comment