Image Map

Thursday, January 30, 2014

“Perfectly Chocolate” Cake


Good afternoon my beautiful followers! I hope everyone is enjoying their Thursday (as much as one can enjoy it knowing Friday is less than 24 hours away.) It’s been a slow day off and was able to find sometime to put together a post for Hershey’s “Perfectly Chocolate” Cake :)

As I had mentioned in my last post, while I was back in Pennsylvania last week I was able to get some baking and cooking down. Being back home wouldn’t be complete without making this chocolate cake for my dad. It’s the one request he makes EVERY time I come home, no matter how short the stay. 

This recipe is probably one of the first desserts I ever made by myself that didn’t come from a box. And I think it’s what started my love for baking; I was always up for helping my mom make cookies what I was little. Chocolate chip cookies, no bake oatmeal cookies, and raisin filled sugar cookies were always a staple in my house when I was younger and something we always made on cold, snowy days so we had an excuse to turn the oven on and warm up the house a bit more. 

As I’ve mentioned a few times, I start my new job in just over a week and I hope my new coworkers are up to being my new guinea pigs for new recipes.


You can find the recipe directly from Hershey here.




Ingredients
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cups Hershey’s cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup of boiling water 
*for the frosting I just use Betty Crocker Whipped Fluffy White frosting, it usually will take just over a container to completely frost.



Instructions

1. Heat oven to 359 degrees. Grease and flour two 9 inch round baking pans.

2. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla; brat on medium speed for 2 minutes (I just mix with a wooden spoon) stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour into pans. 





3.Bake 30-35 minutes or until wooden stick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Frost as desired.








I hope you all have an amazing weekend and are attending some awesome Super Bowl parties!

Until next time, Stephanie





No comments:

Post a Comment