Image Map

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Random Thoughts and Coincidences?



The other day one of my good friends had made a mention of them loving my writing style and that it draws people in. I wasn't really feeling the same way but then another friend told me, "I feel like you're writing your blog about my life." These two comments made within just hours of each other left me feeling that I'm accomplishing what I've set out to do with this blog. I myself have read numerous entries by other bloggers out there in the internet and have had those same exact thoughts, man this girl is saying all the words I wasn't able to say. So to you readers out there I hope you can find some hope and inspiration in the words written behind each "read more" jump.

And by click on this entries "Read More" you will find yourself reading words I had written about 3.5 years ago. There's connections from these past words to those words previously written in my last post on Ginger Antics





I've also recently stumbled upon the blog I created in late 2008 with hopes of being one of those people that could make a living from simply writing a few words here and there for others to read on this here internet. I had completely forgotten about this blog and I've just spent a few minutes reading through each entry and I am amazed at my writing in each and every entry. There was honesty there that I don't remember writing but it's that same honesty I'm trying to bring here.

From August 16, 2009:

Yes the summer of '09 still has few weeks left to it, but my eyes are set to that of Summer '10. The options for ways to fill my time seem to endless. My mind is one of endless imagination. some of the things i have thought have even surprised myself.

If only I had known then what the Summer of 2010 had in store for me. That summer has permanently altered my life in ways I would NEVER had imagined. I wouldn't take it back because I would not be who I am today. I had held onto a lot of negative and unhealthy emotions from that summer that I'm finally learning to cope with today (reference to last post here)


From July 23, 2009

Everything happens for a reason and figuring out why this is has been the main question i ask myself on daily basis as of late. And now tonight as i sit in a darkened room with only the sound of my fingers on the keys and the hum of the air conditioner as my only companion i find myself asking the same question i've asked for a couple weeks now and i seem no closer to an answer than the first time i asked it.

 I feel like 2 and a half years later I still ask this same question almost daily. And with reference to my last post and the entry from August 16th I feel like I'm finally coming to peace with things. I still believe that everything does happen for a reason; just be patient and you will eventually discover just why those things have happened. 

From February 22, 2009 - Who knew I could write about a Duke game so well?


Wake Forest/Duke game

i am so friggin proud of those boys. Duke had found itself in a bit of a slide as of late, winning only 1 out of their last 3 games. Last time they played Wake Forest they played at Wake Forest down in Winston-Salem and lost a heartbreaking game by losing in the last 2 seconds of the game.

But tonight the boys redeemed themselves by winning by a score of 101-91. And had two amazinggg performances from Gerald Henderson and Jon Scheyer, both of whom scored career high points, 35 and 30 respectively.

They actually looked like the Duke team we always expect them to be. They played really good defense and brought a high energy with them, that you can only find at Cameron Indoor Stadium.

There's only one more home game for the Devils, before Greg Paulus has to bid adeu to the place he has called home for the last four years. I am greatly saddened by this. TO me he represents the last link of JJ to Duke University. Greg was the starting point guard for most of JJ's senior year back in the 05-06 season.
So this is to you Duke, for playing an amazing game and I couldn't be more proud of you!

Again I find it funny that I have come across this entry as well seeing as the 2012-2013 Duke Men's Basketball team just had their senior game this evening. As fans we must brace ourselves once again to say good by to those seniors that have found a special place in our hearts after 4 years and come to terms that we will never again see them play a game at Cameron Indoor Stadium. And this team is our last connection to the 2010 Championship team where we saw Jon Scheyer, Kyle Singler, and Nolan Smith play their last ever game in a Duke Jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment