Image Map

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

GARLIC PESTO CHICKEN WITH TOMATO CREAM PENNE



This picky eater is branching out, look out everybody!




With being such a picky eater I tend to keep eating the same thing pretty much everyday. Just give me chicken and I'll be happy. While looking up new recipes that were simple enough but still looked delicious I came across this recipe from this blog.

Recipe:

For the chicken:
1/2 bottle of lawrys Herb and Garlic Marinade (I used my favorite marinade from my local market)
2 large spoonfuls of Pesto 
2 boneless chicken breasts.

You want to cut the chicken breasts down to a one inch strips. Before placing the chicken into the marinade make slits into the chicken; this allows the chicken to really soak up the marinade. I recommend marinating the chicken at least 12 hours. I usually will marinate it over night and it's perfect for dinner that evening.

For the pasta and sauce:
8 ounces of your choice of pasta 
2 tablespoons of olive oil
3 cloves of garlic (You can use as much or as little garlic you wish)
2 spoonfuls of pesto
1/2 cup of chicken broth
8 ounces of tomato sauce 
1 cup of half and half (I used the 2% milk I had in my fridge and it still turned out fine)


Step One
Prepare noodles 

Step Two
Pour the marinated chicken into skillet, marinade and all. Fully cook chicken, the marinade will cook down and evaporate.






Step Three (The Sauce)

While the chicken is cooking you can start on the sauce.
Heat olive oil in a large pan and cook down the garlic.
Add pesto, simmer in chicken broth until half has cooked down. 
Add tomato sauce and milk; simmer for 5 minutes.





If you want a thicker sauce do not be afraid to add a little flour thicken it up. Next toss the pasta in and serve on your choice of bowl or plate. Finish the dish by placing the chicken on top.




This has become one of my favorite meals, I make it about once a week and there's always enough for lunch the next few days.






No comments:

Post a Comment